Learning English News
Learn English - Yahoo! News Search Results
- Rubio: People Should Learn English Before Permanent Resident Status
Speaking in Washington, Senator Marco Rubio said: “When you apply for that green card after the tenyear period and more has expired, you’re going to have to prove that you’re proficient in English because I thin... Photo Credit: Getty Images
- EF Education First Launches Research Project on Language Learning with Harvard Graduate School of Education Faculty
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Why do students from certain countries learn English more easily than students in other places? Why do the most effective strategies for teaching ...
- Requiring Immigrants to Learn English Sought in Bill
Senate Republicans are seeking further changes to a broad immigration bill that would require immigrants to learn English and limit their access to government benefits.
- Silicon Valley’s Immigrant Janitors Learning English at Work
If the new US Senate immigration reform bill becomes law, millions of people will need to learn English to become permanent US residents. Immigrants who are living in the U.S. with visas continue to need a basic English...
- Ready For The Next Stage: Live And Learn English Program Graduates 23
The Live and Learn English program celebrated its final graduation ceremony Thursday afternoon. The event, held at Immanuel Lutheran Church, saw 23 students graduate from the program.
- International Center teaches English through games
On Friday, students determined to learn English sat in a circle and learned through fun and games.
- Rubio's English requirement touches nerve in Florida
Senator pushes language amendment to immigration bill If you can't speak English, you shouldn't seek permanent residence in this country, and you certainly can't become a citizen. That's the way U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio sees it.
- Let young Malaysians learn and speak English well like we used to before
Hussaini Abdul Karim Like some Malaysians, I had my education, right from primary school to pre-university between 1959 and 1970, in Singapore and I was taught in English all the way. When I was in the last two years of secondary school and during the period I was at pre-university, my mother and sometimes, my […]
- Listen, listen, listen
LISTENING is a natural way to learn a language, and more so for the English Language, where you hear the variety of speakers in their element. Just listen, and you could learn and enjoy all that the English Language can offer and more.
- Test Yourself | English, June 18, 2013
Can you use context clues to choose the best meaning for "sui generis," as it is used in the article?